For today’s insert we thought we’d stray away from our usual info-dense blogs and post something much more light-hearted.
So, here at DecoIsland we present you a listicle of did-you-knows pertaining to furniture!
- Many moons ago, chairs with “backs” were reserved for those at the top of the hierarchy while peasants had to be seated in backless chairs known as stools.
- Believe it or not, the modern day wheely chair was birthed by Mr Charles Darwin. In order to transport his specimens faster and more easily, he added two wheels to the base of his chair.
- The word chair came from ‘cathedra’, a Latin word meaning ‘sit’ and ‘down’.
- For many, furniture is the third most expensive purchase a person will make.
- The furniture giant Ikea is named after the initials of its founder, Ingvar Kamprad, Elmtaryd, the farm on which grew up and Agunnaryd, the nearby village.
And last but not least, as per below there is a massive sale happening here at DecoIsland. We’ve got you covered from drawers, entertaining tables and our signature cubics shelves. Hurry as the flash ends this coming Friday!